Wednesday, January 16, 2013

face tattoos


 I’m a face tattoo guy and it was something fun. I wanted to make politics fun,” he told Politico earlier this month. “I didn’t change no lives; I’m no hero. But I shed blood for this campaign, and I’m glad to know that I did all that I could.”


Hartsburg, a 30-year-old resident of Indiana, put his face up for “sale” on eBay in October of this year and was paid $5,000 to get a five by two inch tattoo of the Romney/Ryan campaign’s “R” logo on his forehead. Even after Romney lost on November 6, Hartsburg still seemed happy with his tattoo, telling POLITICO at first that he would never have the tattoo removed and had absolutely no regrets. He was even made an offer by tattoo-removal clinic Dr. TATTOF to have the ink removed for free after the election, but declined, saying, “I still love the ink and I am a man of my word and will keep the tattoo for life.”


Anecdotal evidence suggests that tattoos are ever more acceptable in society, but facial tattoos are still quite uncommon. Alex Binnie is a tattooist who works out of the Into You studios in Brighton and London. "It's pretty unusual even now," he says. "I've been in the tattoo trade for more than 25 years; I know people who've got even more heavily tattooed faces than [Franz's], but you tend to see them at tattoo conventions.






No comments:

Post a Comment